Marie Curie Individual Fellowships @CTISmanchester
The Centre for Translation and Intercultural Studies (CTIS) encourages applications for Marie Curie Individual Fellowships.
This EU scheme would enable a postdoctoral researcher from overseas to spend two years on a ‘training through research’ programme at the University of Manchester with a named supervisor in the Centre for Translation and Intercultural Studies.
If you are a promising researcher whose career would benefit from two years at CTIS and you fulfil the criteria below, please contact us. The Individual Fellowships are a form of training grant so the scheme is ideal for early career researchers. Our School of Arts, Languages and Cultures has a track record of successful awards and we are happy to support strong applicants.
The UK is still a full participant in the Marie Curie Scheme until at least March 2019 and the UK Government will underwrite any projects that were submitted before this date.
Key points for applications to CTIS:
- Candidates should not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the UK for more than 12 months in the past 3 years.
- Candidates must have a doctoral degree and some post-doctoral experience.
- Candidates must propose a well-defined research project that is a good fit with CTIS research activities. The proposal should also include public engagement activities and a plan to develop the candidate’s research skills.
- Funding covers the candidate’s living and travel costs.
- Applications are submitted through the University of Manchester (drafted by the candidate but with support from the University).
Full details of the scheme can be found on the European Commission website:
If you are interested in applying, please get in touch with Maeve Olohan (email@example.com) by Friday 18 May with a brief description of the project that you propose to undertake at CTIS and the name(s) of prospective supervisor(s). By early June the School will select the strongest candidates who will then be supported in their preparation of full applications for the Scheme deadline of 12 September 2018.