CfP | Journal of Chinese Film Studies
Journal of Chinese Film Studies is a peer-reviewed scholarly journal which focuses on the history, theory, criticism, practice and industries of Chinese films and provides a platform for cutting-edge academic research and debate.
It is committed to advancing interdisciplinary approaches to the analysis of Chinese films and cinematic practices across multiple genres and platforms.
The journal is open to all areas of scholarship in Chinese film studies. The journal seeks original research articles that set forth innovative research and methodologies or engage with significant historiographical or interpretive issues of films from mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and the Chinese diaspora.
The journal also welcomes reviews of books and films of significance to the focus of the journal, as well as interviews with filmmakers and film scholars.
It will showcase research both from established scholars and emerging new voices of Chinese film studies. Authors who have had their articles accepted are encouraged to submit video abstracts.
The journal offers:
- Cutting edge research results in Chinese film studies
- Interdisciplinary approach and emphasis
- Comprehensive outlook on Chinese films and cinematic practices
- Latest developments of Chinese film industries
- Direct and close contact with Chinese filmmakers and researchers
- English translations of high-impact research in non-English languages
- Inclusive and positive scholarly environment
- Conversations and collaborations between researchers and professionals inside and outside of China
- Wang Haizhou, Beijing Film Academy
- Jin Haina, Communication University of China
Submission and Contact
The submissions can be made online via https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jcfs
All correspondence concerning editorial matters, manuscripts, or proposals for special issues should be sent to the editorial office
For more information about the journal, please visit the journal’s website.
Find the Journal on Twitter @jcfs2021