Translating Films, Bridging Cultures | International Conference of 2017 Beijing International Film Festival
The “Translating Films Bridging Cultures” International Conference of the 2017 Beijing International Film Festival will be held on 17-18 April at Communication University of China in Beijing.
Aiming to strengthen communication and cooperation between China and other countries in the field of audiovisual translation and dubbing, and to support international exchange of knowledge and talents and further enhance cooperation between China and other countries on it, the conference will bring together scholars working in different strands of translating films from across China and abroad, through papers, panels, posters, and round-table discussions. High quality research contributions describing original and unpublished results of conceptual, constructive, empirical, experimental, or theoretical work are cordially invited for presentation at the conference.
Hosted by: Communication University of China.
Presented by: School of International Studies, Communication University of China.
Co-organized by: China Radio International, China International Television Corporation, Chinese Culture Translation and Studies Support Network, Australian Studies Centre at Peking University, Cui Yongyuan Center for Oral History, StarTimes.
Supported by: Beijing International Film Festival Organizing Committee.
- International Audiovisual Translation Landscape
- Theory and Practice of Audiovisual Translation
- Audiovisual Translation into Indigenous Languages
- Audiovisual Translation and Dubbing Standard
- The Translation and Reception of Chinese Films in International Film Festivals
- Audiovisual Translation and Audience Response
- Audiovisual Translation in Multilingual Films
- Cooperation and Challenges in Sino-Foreign Audiovisual and Dubbing
- Professor Yves Gambier, University of Turku
- Professor Luis Perez-Gonzalez, University of Manchester
- Professor Dennis Kratz, University of Texas
- Professor Galina Evtushenko, Russian State University for the Humanities
- Professor Jie Li, Harvard University
- Professor Seio Nakajima, Waseda University
Departure time: April 18 night or April 19, 2017
Photo by Flickr user Ade Russell (see original), used under a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 2.0 licence.