Call for Proposals Special Issue of JAT
Volume 6, Issue 2, December 2023
Journal of Audiovisual Translation
JAT invites proposals for a special, guest-edited issue of the Journal of Audiovisual Translation to be published in December 2023.
Journal of Audiovisual Translation (JAT) is the first international journal dedicated to audiovisual translation studies. Published by the European Association for Studies in Screen Translation (ESIST), JAT aims to be the reference point for high-quality, innovative and in-depth research in all avenues of audiovisual translation studies, including media accessibility. From inter alia historical perspectives to technology-based studies, from media accessibility in all its forms to linguistic, culture-oriented, psychology-based research, JAT aims to select contributions that will enrich the field and have an impact on both practice and research. We welcome contributions on traditional media such as television and film, new media, live events, opera, theatre, museums and other contexts.
We welcome both theoretical and empirical contributions that meet a high standard of scholarship and contribute new knowledge to the discipline. We also encourage interdisciplinary studies in the broader discipline of Translation Studies, but also in psychology, cognitive sciences, media studies, communication studies, sociology, linguistics, inclusive design, accessibility studies and other areas.
We publish two issues per year, a non-thematic issue which is published on a continuous publishing scheme and a special guest-edited issue published in December.
We invite proposals for a special issue that deal with any aspect/area of audiovisual translation and media accessibility, possibly offering an innovative perspective.
Proposals may focus on, but are not limited to:
- diachronic explorations of AVT/MA
- audience composition and preferences
- the translator’s role and training
- cross-fertilization between AVT/MA and other fields of study
- empirical and experimental research in AVT/MA
- theoretical approaches to AVT/MA
The proposals should include:
- a theme;
- a preliminary title;
- a brief (150-200 words) presentation the topic and its relevance;
- names and bio notes of guest editors;
- since the time for producing the special issue is limited, supplying a short list of possible contributors and titles contributions will be an advantage.
Please send your proposal to the editor-in-chief Anna Jankowska at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “JAT volume 3 issue 6” by 30 September 2021. We will communicate the decision by November 1st 2021.
- Proposals: September 30 2021.
- Acceptance: November 1st 2021.
- Submission of full papers: November 1st 2022.
- Final acceptance: April 30 2023.
- Submission of final versions to be proofread: May 2023.